Anxiety Therapy in Minneapolis, MN
Providing relief to your anxiety & stress in Minneapolis – Saint Paul, Minnesota
You are tired of constantly living in fear, being on edge. Right now fear is winning, taking the driving seat in the brain and running the show. Is it possible to regain the freedom you had from worry which seems like many ages ago or maybe never at all?
In today’s society, we have so many different things to worry about or pressures we have to be living up to. It is quite easy to spend day after day worrying about:
- All the things that have to get done
- All the potential things that could go wrong or worst case scenarios that could happen
- The safety of ourselves and loved ones
- Am I keeping up with everyone else or the expectations that others have set?
- How am I going to handle the next thing that is dropped on my plate?
- How am I going to address my fears going to that new place or handling that conflict at work?
- When am I going to get time to take care of my own needs?
The many pressures in the world can lead to perpetual feelings of stress & anxiety. Our bodies are constantly in a state of “fight or flight” in order to survive. This can wear out our brain’s & body’s ability to thrive.
The symptoms of anxiety look like:
- Nervousness, restlessness, or being tense
- Feelings of danger, panic, or dread
- Rapid breathing or hyperventilation
- Increased or heavy sweating
- Trembling or muscle twitching
- Weakness or lethargy
- Persistent thoughts of worry
- Difficulty focusing or thinking clearly about anything other than the thing you’re worried about
- Irritability or easily set off with relationships
- Wanting to withdraw or avoid stressors
If you are struggling with anxiety or stress, I’m confident anxiety therapy in Minneapolis can help. I offer the most researched & effective forms of psychotherapy, to get the relief that you deserve.
When it comes to treating anxiety and stress-related concerns, research shows that Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT) is usually the most effective option. That’s because psychotherapy – as opposed to just medication alone – treats more than just symptoms of the problem.
What does Therapy for Anxiety & Stress in Minneapolis look like?
Psychotherapy can help to uncover the underlying causes of your worries, fears, & stressors. My approach in therapy involves building strength & resources for managing stressors, developing solution oriented thinking, how to lower the feelings of anxiety or stress in the moment and how to address thoughts related to core fears & concerns. You will be given exercises from week to week that help your brain change how it processes stress. The process of therapy can help shift all that energy from worry into confidence.
Most quick-fix options in life disappoint. Just as in physical therapy, a person must do the proper exercises to heal the muscle; psychotherapy consists of doing the right exercises for the brain to be able to handle anxiety and stress more effectively.
If you are ready to start feeling an improved sense of well being, I invite you to contact me today for a consultation to see if I would be a good fit for helping you have greater control over anxiety or stress in your life. I am passionate about helping people move from fear towards a more abundant life.